I've alway enjoyed setting goals. I'm a planner by nature and so thinking through my goals helps me know where I'm headed and how I need to get there. One of my favorite tools for assessing my life and setting goals is Donald Whitney's Ten Questions to Ask Yourself at the Start of a New Year.I highly recommend going through these questions if you're a believer who desires to grow spiritually, financially, and physically! For the last several years, I have done these questions at the start of every year. Honestly, it can be a little discouraging to look back on previous years because I can see all the goals I didn't meet. But when I look back I also see many goals, by God's grace, that I was able to accomplish. I have to remind myself that I'm not perfect and I may never perfectly reach all my goals, but I can continue to grow and continue to strive for these things.
Here's a few of the business goals I set this year for DiPrima Photography and a few personal goals:
1. Get to know wedding vendors and other photographers in North Carolina (I started doing that in South Carolina but now that we've moved I'm starting all over. I'd especially love to befriend 1 or 2 wedding photographers who live in this area.)
2. Continue Re-branding from "Jenna Wayment Photography" to "DiPrima Photography". Thanks to the very talented Emily Schneck I have a beautiful new logo. I've also worked hard to design this new website. But I still have a long way to go and need new business cards, gift cards, etc.
2. Shoot 8+ weddings in 2015
3. Attend one photography workshop (Katelyn James' workshop would be my dream but it's pretty pricey!)
4. Purchase a Canon 5D Mark III and 50mm 1.2L lens. I love my current camera (Canon 60D) and it does a great job but the Mark III is the best that's currently out there for wedding/portrait photography. I currently rent a Mark III for the weddings I shoot and I've fallen in love with it. I'm saving every penny I can from photo sessions and weddings and am about halfway...I can't wait!
5. Train my husband Alex in photography and take him shooting with me!
6. Run a few give-aways throughout the year. More on this coming soon!
7. Blog regularly. I'd like to blog at least 2-3 times a week with pictures of my work, wedding/photography related posts, and personal posts about my life.
1. Spend time in the Word daily and prayer daily.
2. Memorize a verse a week from Phillippians until the whole book is memorized.
3. Workout at least 3 times a week. (I used to go to Clemson's gym so I've got to figure out my new routine now that we've moved. I'd like to do a mixture of cardio and weight training)
4. Find ways to serve at Grace and build new friendships. Now that we've moved, I miss the sweet fellowship and close friendships I had at Crosspoint but I eagerly anticipate and look forward to experiencing new fellowship and relationships here in Mebane, NC at Grace.
5. Finish my final class at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and graduate in May with my Master of Divinity!
6. Read 10 books. Let's be real, that's not going to happen until after I graduate in May.
7. Live on less than we make, save a lot, and give generously. Alex and I would love to have enough to put a down payment on a home in the next year(s).
8. Love my husband well and continue developing a good foundation for our marriage by spending time together, going on regular dates, and communicating well.
What are some of your goals for 2015? Please comment below and share your thoughts!