Dom is 3 months today! It's so fun to see his personality and likes and dislikes developing more and more. He is constantly changing and growing! We made a big change in the last week and instead of keeping Dom in the rock n'play in our bedroom, we started putting him in his crib in his room to sleep. He has done great and I am SO thankful that transition is over! I also transitioned him from the swaddle to the Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit because he was breaking out of the swaddle and I wanted something that would help him feel cozy in the crib. He sleeps the same amount in the sleepsuit as he does in the swaddle so it hasn't exactly been "magic" in getting him to sleep hours longer, but it did allow him transition with no problem to the crib and so, for that reason, it has been amazing!
Currently, Dom loves:
- Bathtime (although for the past week he has starting fearing the water being too warm on his feet so he always gets a scared look on his face and sometimes whimpers right before going in the water even though the water is barely lukewarm!)
- Smiling and giggling
- When I come get him from his crib in the morning. He always gives me the biggest smile!
- When you mimic the noises he is making
- Looking at himself in the mirror
- Being walked around, especially at night when he's fussier...he won't let you sit down!
- Being sung to or talked to in silly voices
Currently Dom doesn't love:
- Pikachu...haha! Alex likes to talk to him in fake japanese and so one night he got the idea to play him a pikachu video and Dom instantly started crying. Since then, he's tested it out and it always makes him cry!
- Tummy time....he gets super fed up with it after a few minutes. But he's doing great at lifting his head up and I use a mirror to try and entertain him and get him to stay on his tummy longer.
- Being put down for naps....the boy definitely fights sleep and wants to just play all day long.
- Being in his car seat when he's not moving. Thankfully he sleeps great in the car but he does NOT like to be in the car seat unless he's in the car or in the stroller being moved around.
Firsts this month:
- Getting his first round of shots :(
- Lifting his head completely off the floor during tummy time
- Breaking out of the swaddle
- First cold...thankfully it was not a bad one at all, he just had a slight runny nose and a little congestion
- First long trip in the car. We drove 3 hours back and forth to SC for Christmas and he did great!
- First time taking more than one feeding from a bottle and being away from me for more than a few hours. I shot my first wedding on the 23rd and was gone for 15 hours and Dom did great! He doesn't love drinking from a bottle and is still figuring out the quicker flow, but the important thing is that he is taking the bottle! Hopefully, he'll continue to get better at it. I'm also very thankful Alex is amazing with Dom and that makes it much easier to leave him for long days!
- His first Christmas and New Years
I also thought it would be fun to share a current "day in the life" because I love reading these! Granted, we certainly don't have a strict schedule right now, I plan to start working on that this month. We currently have a loose routine and follow the eat, play, sleep routine. I hope implement some of the babywise methods and to have more of a set in stone schedule by the time he is four months.
Between 8-8:30- Dom wakes up and eats
8:30-9:30- Dom goes in his MamaRoo while I pump, eat breakfast, drink my coffee. And then he goes on his play mat for some tummy time. All this happens with the Today show and then Kelly & Ryan in the background, obviously.
9:30-10:15- Dom naps and I shower...for some reason, his first nap of the day is always only 45 minutes!
10:15-10:45- If I need to do my hair or put on makeup, I finish getting ready and put Dom in the boppy lounger on our bed and turn the fan on. Endless entertainment :)
11- Feed and then if we need to go out anywhere, this is usually when I do it and he'll nap in his car seat or baby carrier.
11:30-1 Nap (If I'm not running errands, I'm usually cleaning the house, doing laundry, etc. during this time)
1 or 1:30- Feed again and then have some play time, go on a walk, etc.
2:30-3:30- Nap (I usually respond to emails, edit pictures, and blog during this time)
3:30- Feed and play, read books, etc.
4:30-5:30- Nap (I usually make dinner during this time)
5:30- Feed and play (this is usually his fussiest time of the day so we typically put Dom in his bouncer beside us for dinner and then either me or Alex holds him most of the time)
6:45- Bathtime! (this is Dom's favorite time, he LOVES the bath and it always calms him down when he's fussy)
7:15- Feed and bedtime by around 7:45 or 8
Nighttime wakings- It still varies a little when Dom wakes up a night but he *usually* wakes up 2-3 times and goes right back to sleep. The longest stretch he's done so far is 6 hours and he'll often wake up at 2am, 5am, and then up for the day at 8am. But sometimes he still wakes up at 12 or 1, then 3, then 6, and then up for the day at 8am. I'm hoping he'll drop a feeding soon now that he's getting bigger and go down to waking 1-2 times a night rather than 2-3. :)
More pictures from our iPhones (click on images to see bigger pictures):