I always love the start of a new year because it gives me time to reflect and to plan. I absolutely LOVE setting goals and I love reading what other people's goals are (I find it so inspiring!). Last year I shared my goals for 2016 and I am so happy to share that I accomplished most of them (at least most of the business goals!). A few of my favorite memories and goals accomplished from 2016 include:
-A trip to England
-A trip to Charlottesville
-Photographing 14 weddings
-Being published in Budget Savvy Bride & Fab You Bliss
-Being featured on Kleinfeld's Instagram!
-Getting to know many new wedding planners, photographers, and other vendors
2017 is going to be a year of BIG changes. For starters, I'm SO excited to announce that we bought a house!!! I have been holding off on sharing this publicly until it was more certain. We still have not closed yet but our closing date is in 10 days and so I feel more comfortable sharing now. I can't WAIT to move in, decorate, and slowly make it our own. Be on the lookout for more home-related blog posts in 2017! In addition, my husband and I will be moving to Winston-Salem and planting a church (read more about that here). There are a lot of unknowns, but I trust the Lord and I could not be more thankful to experience all of them by Alex's side. Without further ado, here are my goals:
My business goals for 2017:
1. Photograph 20 weddings (including one international wedding!).
2. Re-brand and get a new website and new collateral items designed. In addition, I'd love to get a promo video made.
3. Do 2-3 styled shoots.
4. Get at least 2 weddings and 2 styled shoots published.
5. Invest in more gear.
6. Attend a workshop.
7. Start offering business mentoring and coaching and design and teach a class for beginner photographers.
8. Serve my clients well and find ways to bless each of them individually!
9. Blog at least 3 times a week every week.
10. Establish my business in Winston-Salem and get to know new vendors and creatives in the area.
11. Launch a branding photography package.
I've had a few opportunities to take branding pictures and headshots for creative small businesses this year and I have LOVED it! I really want to do this type of commercial photography more often for creative small businesses and so I want to start thinking through a photography package to offer. Please let me know if you or a business owner you know would be interested in this!
My personal goals for 2017:
1. Spend time in the Word and in prayer daily.
2. Memorize a book of the Bible.
3. Work out at least 30 minutes 3x per week.
4.. Get to know my neighbors and other women in Winston-Salem.
5. Make our new house a HOME and show regular hospitality.
6. Grow in loving my husband better, encouraging him more frequently, and exercising more self control by withholding mean or unhelpful words.
7. Serve our new church plant faithfully.
8. Read 10 books.
9. Take more personal pictures.
10. Grow and maintain a garden. Also learn more about flowers and landscaping (yay for having a yard!).