I posted a blog back in the winter on how I do my meal planning and some weeknight dinner ideas. Recently, I've been wanting to do an updated blog with more summer meals ideas and new recipes I've tried recently. You'll notice I've listed more slow cooker recipes. Things have continued to get busier and so I've tried to find some quicker and easier recipes that are still healthy and delicious. Also, we live in an apartment and so grilling is hard for us. I love the taste of grilled food and so I found a makeshift solution by buying a cast iron "grill" skillet. Here's a few of my favorites so far this summer:
- Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup- It's taken me a very long time to find a slow cooker curry recipe that I like and I finally found one!
- Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa
- Skillet Rosemary Chicken- I was introduced to this one by my friend Sammi and I love it! Plus, you make everything in one skillet which makes cooking and clean up pretty simple!
- Fish Tacos
- Fresh Pesto Shrimp Pasta
- Asian Salmon in Foil
- Crock Pot Maple Dijon Drumsticks
- Lamb Wraps- I actually used beef for these because I couldn't find lamb. Alex and I loved the mustard dip in this recipe!
- Homemade Pesto- I have a huge basil plant (thanks Jesse & Rachel!) and so I've been making a ton of homemade pesto! It's super easy to throw everything into a food processor and I put it on pasta or on sandwiches with some tomato and mozzarella.
- Mango & Coconut Water Smoothie
- Key Lime Bars
- Annie's Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips- I've been making this recipe for years and everyone always loves it...so good!
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Berry Trifle
What are some recipes you've been loving lately? Please share your favorites in the comments below!