I can't believe it, Dom is 4 months old! Life with Dom has gotten better and better and it's SUCH a joy to see how he grows and changes with each passing day!
He just had his 4 month appointment and he now weighs 13lbs 9oz and is 24" long! He is now wearing 3-6 month clothes and even those are starting to look tight! He started waking up every few hours when he turned 3 months old and I wrote it off as a growth spurt but then he continued to wake up very frequently. Alex and I decided to do some sleep training and start letting him cry it out at night, and he immediately improved a TON. I took away the swaddle so that he could suck on his hands and he quickly learned to suck his thumb. He went from waking up multiple times a night to waking up twice (typically at about 1am and 4:30am) to eat and then go back to sleep. I'm thankful he's sleeping so much better and I'm hoping this continues and that he doesn't go through the 4 month sleep regression I keep hearing so much about!
- Thankfully he seems to love his bath time again!
- Grabbing everything...especially my shirts and hair (he's pulled out a LOT of my hair)
- His bouncy seat...he LOVES being bounced and will often fall asleep that way for his last nap of the day
- Pacifier. He now loves sucking on pacis during the day and seems to always want something in his mouth!
Dom doesn't love:
- He still doesn't like tummy time but I think he's starting to get more used to it
- Loud noises. Perhaps it's because we don't have other kids but when we go to church or are in large groups and there's a loud noise or he's around a lot of kids and loud noises for a while, sometimes he'll freak out and burst into tears and I have to bring him into a quiet room. I'm hoping this starts to change as he's able to handle more stimulation!
Firsts this month:
- Sucking on his thumb
- Falling asleep on his own! I now put him in his crib awake at night and he falls asleep on his own and I also put him down awake for most of his naps.
- He learned how to splash water with his feet in the bath and splashes everywhere now!
- Laughing much harder than he ever has
- He has started reaching and grasping and can push his paci back in (yes!!)